Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sunday's Manicure and The Madcap

It's been a rather dreary morning. Fifty-three degrees and rainy. Did I mention windy? Most of the time, I greet colder weather with open arms. Personally, I love bad weather. If the bad is usually cold. Perfect staying in and doing nothing weather. But anyways, besides the point, last night, upon chatting with my friend Heather, I was looking through all my nail polish and came upon a rather bright orange by Sinful Colors called Cloud 9.

(I started to paint my nails this color because my friend and I both adore The Beatles. During George Harrison's solo career, he entitled an album and wrote a song called "Cloud Nine", So it reminded us of that.)



After a good two coats, it showed up the exact shade on the bottle. I'm not really sure what I was thinking, but being the rebel I am, I added multiple colors on my thumb nail. Mint Sorbet by Sally Hansen, 


And a platinum color, which I'm not really sure where I got, but liked the color. 


Here are the results. 


I'm not completely sold on the finishing look, but it was different, and I'm all for different. 

On a lighter note, recently I've been obsessed with poring over images of Syd Barrett with Pink Floyd. He's absolutely adorable. Eh, I feel like adorable isn't the right word. Handsome is definitely the better word. 


(From left, Syd with Roger Waters)


(From left, Nick Mason, Rick Wright, Roger, and Syd)


(From Left, Nick, Roger, Syd, and Rick)


(From left, Rick, Syd, Nick, and Roger)

I'm not sure what attracted me to the crazy diamond. In fact, when I first got into Pink Floyd, I thought the man on the Piper at the Gates of Dawn (Pink Floyd's first album and only album they performed with Syd) was David Gilmour. But then I became obsessed. He has a sort of dark look to him. (Mum says I have a thing for crazy people.) He has dark eyes, bordered by thick, long lashes and a curly mess of dark hair. (I KNOW I'm a sucker for dark hair.) His skin is dark and smooth in appearance. He has thick eyebrows and rather thin lips. Prominent cheekbones and a crooked nose. Sure, when I describe him, he doesn't sound all that perfect. But he IS perfect, I am absolutely convinced of this.

Anyways, whether you be obsessed with some genius mad man rocker (who happens to be dead) or some faux-boy from One Direction (probably not dead), don't let someone tell you that you're crazy for loving them.

As for me, I'm just fine with the mad man, thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment