Monday, April 29, 2013

Retro Chic Glitter Cat Eye Makeup Tutorial

I was in a very interesting mood this afternoon. Different than my previous mood that I had in the morning with a deep desire to sit around watching Star Wars and looking like Queen Amidala. Nevertheless - I was in a particularly retro(ish) yet very modern Lana Del Rey mood, so I teased the crown of my hair and created this glittery twist on the classic cat eye makeup.

Step 1.

Prime your entire eye lid with eye shadow primer. 




Step 2.

Using a flesh tone eye color, cover your entire eye lid in eye shadow. 



Step 3. 

Using a white eye color, highlight your brow bone by applying eye shadow directly under your eyebrow. 



Step 4. 


I'll be using two different eyeliner colors. Both black and white. 



By taking your black eyeliner, make a thin line on your upper lash line


Then flick the eyeliner line upward slightly, creating the retro "cat eye" look"


Step 5. 

Using a liquid eyeliner, recreate the eyeliner outline. 


Step 6. 

Now use the white eyeliner to create a guide. You will need to put this eyeliner directly above the black eyeliner. 


Step 7. 

Using an eyeliner makeup brush, gently put a glittery gel eye shadow or
glitter eye line over the white eyeliner. 


Step 8. 

Finish with two coats of mascara on your upper lashes. 



Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! This is what I ended up looking like... 








1 comment: