Sunday, April 28, 2013

CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast Tutorial & Review

A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine gave me a CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast stick in Purple Plume. The main shade is a bubblegum pink, the second, a purpely chocolate. At first, I was a little skeptical. I've never been a fan of cream eye shadows. Yes, they blend easy and are easy to put on, but they also smear and fade away quite easily. I've noticed that if you cover the cream with a similar pressed or loose eye shadow, it tends to last longer.

I'd been wanting to use it since I recently saw a CoverGirl advertisement on the product and remembered I had some.

Here is a simple TUTORIAL for a smoky eye using the CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast. 

Step 1.

Prime your eyes with an eye shadow primer. I like using E.L.F, but you can use whatever you'd like.

   


Step 2.

Cover your entire lid with a white eye shadow.

 

(I'm not sure what brand the eye shadow palette is. Use whatever white eye shadow you have.) 


Step 3.

Cover your eye lid with the bubblegum pink (STEP 1) side of the CoverGirl stick.



Step 4.

Draw a thick(ish) 'V' shape on the corner of your eyelid using the brown (STEP 2) shade.



Step 5.

Blend the corners and the lid shade together.



Step 6. (OPTIONAL)

If you blended too far over, like I did, you may add more pink to the inner corners of your eyes.



Your eyes will look something like this. (Below)



Step 8.

Finish with whatever mascara and eyeliner you'd like. 



Extra: I added more white eye shadow near my brow bone as a highlighter. You may do the same, or leave it the way it is. Either way, it's a nice, simple look. 

REVIEW

This was a very easy product to use. It was creamy and blendable like most cream eye shadows and doesn't smear as easily as I thought it would. It doesn't feel greasy after long wear, also. 

Although this was a nice product, I don't think I'll use it very often. 

But besides that, it's definitely a great product. 

On a Scale of 1 to 10: 8


Purchasing Information

You can purchase this at most drugstores and large shopping centers such as Wal-Mart or Target, but you can also buy it online here










No comments:

Post a Comment