Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nail Polish and Other Musings

In the Spring, I am always delighted with the array of nail polish colors that I find in stores everywhere. Whether it be Chanel or Wet N' Wild, nail polish comes in many different colors and gives you the ability to express or to accompany your personal style.

The Friday before Easter Sunday, I walked into Target to look for a makeup shade or perhaps a nail polish color to compliment my Easter garmet. Although my frock was a stunning pleated crimson Jessica Simpson mid-sleeved dress with an orange petticoat-like ruffle at the hem, I had been searching tirelessly (okay, maybe not so much) for the perfect pastel nail color. Luckily, I found two.

The first shade, a pastel (yet, more minty) green by Sally Hansen called (#340) Mint Sorbet.


The second, a magnificent lilac shade, also by Sally Hansen called (#270) Lacey Lilac. 


And although these did not match my dress in any way, I HAD to buy them! They were just too perfect. (I ended up painting my nails red, bleh.)

A couple of weeks before Easter, my mother purchased a similar lilac shade by O.P.I called You're Such a Budapest.


Personally, I found the Lacey Lilac shade as a more pleasing color but the O.P.I formula does wonders for my fragile nails and lasts much longer without a top coat. (Although I would always recommend using one.)

The Sally Hansen colors, I found, usually last a couple of days without *much* chipping if you do not take a shower everyday. However, seeing as that is not the case for me, it chipped around the edges of my nails around the second day of having painted my nails. 

However, the O.P.I polish, I found lasts around four to five days without chipping if you paint your nails with, at least, three coats. I'm sure it would last much longer with a top coat, but I have none at the moment. 

Although, I paint my nails *quite* often and sometimes not-so-long lasting polishes are usually better for me. If, however, you are looking for long wear, I recommend using a good clear top coat and keeping the polish with you for touch ups through-out the week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment