Thursday, July 4, 2013

Look Book, Vol. 1: Pretty in Pink

For my first look book, I thought I'd create a simple yet unique group of sets on Polyvore based off of the John Hughes 80's Classic: Pretty in Pink. 

Though not my favorite 80's flick, it's the film with the greatest style, by far. Whether you rock the kooky style of Andie & The Duckster or the classic richie look of Blane, you're sure to feel pretty cool in these volcanic ensembles, pink or not. 




Andy, Pretty in Pink

Andie

For her look, I decided to add a modern take to it. However, I can't be sure if it was originated from the wild patterns of the 1980's, so perhaps it's original. The two looks shown are both looks I can picture Andie wearing. The look on the right, obviously, is based off of her dress at prom. 

If you're going to rock this look, however, you should go all the way. 
Tease your hair. The bigger the better.





PIP: Blane


Blane: 

The over-all look was quite easy to do. Accessories aren't really necessary, so it was hard to sort of incorporate the easy-going flow. Blane is a nice guy, obviously, but he has the whole rich guy persona going on. If he was around today, I see him in crisp collared shirts and perhaps denim or khakis. 

This look is easy to pull off because it's not too terribly out of the ordinary. 




Duckie: Pretty in Pink

Duckie:

My all-time favorite character and style icon of the entire movie. His outfits are always my favorite. So unique, but always so put together. My favorite parts of his outfits are always the accessories. (The shoes, glasses, hat, and bolo-tie.) He is a bold, independent character with a style that matches his personality. The key to donning the look is to be confident in yourself, just like Duckie. 

So whether or not you feel compelled to try any of these looks, you can always mellow them down or play them up however you'd like. Make them your own! 


No comments:

Post a Comment