Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer & Guilty Pleasure Reads

This Summer, I've decided to read as much as I can possibly attain. Then again, this is usually what I do every Summer, so it's not any different than my previous holidays. Eh, whatever.

Anyway. I've embarked on many novels so far. Some are worth mentioning, others, not so much.

However, two recently, as which I've just finished are entitled Divergent by Veronica Roth and An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. Both of which were quite excellent. Both of them did not share any similarities, except for the fact that both Green and Roth are both wonderful writers.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare is a novel that I am currently working on. I'll probably finish tonight but I'm on p. 355. So far, it's been exquisite. I hope it ends well. The good part, though, is that there are many more to come. The same applies to Divergent (It is a trilogy.)

I love series novels. Especially if all of them have already been written. It's easy to tear through them but also easy to be left wanting more. (Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, etc.)

Books that are NOT in a series, however, are nice but also leave the same "wanting" feeling. Maybe more than series books.

I like well written, witty novels. Sarcasm in characters is a great addition. But please, OH!, please don't describe the characters so well that you wish they were alive so you could keep them in your closet. I hate that. (Ergh, especially now. Jace Wayland  from City of Bones sounds soooo attractive.)

I do have a couple weaknesses, though. My guilty pleasures of literature, so to speak.

1. The Need Series by Carrie Jones

(Your typical Supernatural romance that includes werewolves and.... get this... pixies!)

2. The Poseur Series by Rachel Maude

(Oh, so horrible literature that is slightly similar to Gossip Girl, yanno. Just bad writing but an addicting plot. Would NOT EVER recommend to ANYONE EVER.)

Anyways. So everyone has there idea of the "perfect" Summer read. I just love, reading, okay?

I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment