Friday, July 26, 2013

Almost the End with Meadham Kirchhoff

It's the nostalgic time of the season when you realize that school is about to start back and you feel like you've accomplished absolutely nothing. In reality, though, that's not entirely true. Not for me, at least, however accurate the idea may present itself. I sort of feel like putting on all my mopey, depressed music and just laying in bed. I'd never last, however. Most teen sleep until noon in the Summer, whereas, I'm always up by 9:30. Am I missing out on the teen experience, I think to myself as I watch yet another episode of Supernatural or listen to 'The Freshman' by The Verve Pipe for the millionth time. I don't know what it is about Summer. It makes you feel like you can accomplish anything but you really accomplish ... well, not a whole lot. I hate when Summer is over, of course, but when I'm in it, I just think 'Ugh, when is this going to be over! I'm so bored'. The mourning that follows in the Fall, however, isn't pretty.

Okay, I'll stop sounding like the lyrics to a Smith's song.

Recently, I've been ever-so obsessed with Meadham Kirchhoff. Think Effie Trinkett. You may be familiar with his work (it's kind of out there) but you might have not realized it. 




I, however, mean some of these pieces.






I don't know what it is about this eccentric designer, but I just can't get enough. He's definitely going on my top favorite designer's list. Maybe I should make some sets. I'm getting bored. 









No comments:

Post a Comment